Parivartana=to completely revolve
- Lie on your back with your legs extended.
- Draw your right knee up into your chest and hold it with your hands.
- Extend your left leg out, dorsi flex your ankle and press out through your heel.
- Keeping your left hand on your knee, extend your right arm out to the side reaching through your hand.
- Inhale and take your right knee across the left side of your body towards the floor.
- Hold the knee down so the back can rotate and rest.
- Stay in the pose for a few breaths.
- Inhale, bring your knee back to center, and repeat on the other side.
Variations and Modifications:
Follow steps 1- 5. Step 6, take your left arm out to the side reaching through the fingers (as shown in picture). You can also turn your head and look at your outstretched arm as the last step of the pose.
Stretches the spine and shoulders; Improves digestion and circulation; Strengthens the lower back; Relieves lower backache, neck pain, and sciatica; Opens the hips and chest
High or low blood pressure; Diarrhea; Headache; Menstruation; High blood pressure