FIVE POINTED STAR POSE
Utthita Hasta Padasana
Utthita = extended
- Separate legs a little wider than the shoulders.
- Toes are pointing forward and the outsides of the feet are parallel to the short edge of the mat.
- Lift arms out to sides shoulder height.
- Imagine that energy could come up the insides of the legs up into the core and run out your fingertips, lifting through the core.
- Imagine that energy could then come up the insides of the legs, up the sides of the spine, (all the way up the cervical spine) and then out the top of your head.
- Continue to lift through the entire body (relaxing the shoulders) and reaching through the hands.
Modifications or props:
Brings balance to core of body